User Agreement and Game Licence
THIS AGREEMENT DESCRIBES THE TERMS ON WHICH THECRIMS OFFERS YOU ACCESS TO AN ACCOUNT (THE "ACCOUNT") TO PLAY THE THECRIMS ONLINE GAME (THE "GAME"). BY SIGNING UP VIA OUR SIGN-UP FORM, YOU ACCEPT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW.
1. We may change this Agreement at any time in our sole discretion. Changes shall be communicated to you at the time you log into your Account. Such changes shall be effective whenever we make the notification available for your review.
2. Accounts are available to everybody over 18 years of age or, in their discretion, their minor child. If you are a minor, your parent(s) or guardian(s) must verify the registration process, in which case they will take full responsibility for all obligations under this Agreement. You may not transfer or share your Account with anyone, except that if you are a parent or guardian, you may permit one child to use the Account instead of you (in which case you may not use that Account), or the exceptions stated in the Rules. You are liable for all activities conducted through the Account, and parents or guardians are liable for the activities of their child. Corporations and other entities are not eligible to procure Accounts.
3. To play the Game, you must (a) register on our sign-up page for an ACCOUNT and (b) have an Internet connection (which we do not provide) to access your Account. In addition to any fees described herein, you are responsible for paying all applicable taxes (including those we are not required to collect) and for all hardware, software, service and other costs you incur to access your Account. You understand that we may update or otherwise enhance the GAME at any time without any notification.
4. During registration, you will be sent a password. You may not disclose your password to any third party. We never ask you for your password by telephone or email, and you should not disclose it this way if someone asks you to do so. Although we may offer a feature that allows you to "save" or "remember" your password on your hard drive, please note that third parties may be able to access your computer and thus your Account.
5. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, we hereby grant to you a non-exclusive license to use the to playing the Game via an authorized Account. You may not copy, distribute, rent, lease, loan, modify or create derivative works, adapt, translate, perform, display, sublicense or transfer any content if the GAME. You may not copy any of the written materials accompanying the GAME.
6. We may terminate this Agreement (including your Account) immediately and without notice if you breach this Agreement or repeatedly infringe any third party intellectual property rights, or if we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us, or upon gameplay, chat or any player activity whatsoever which is, in our sole discretion. If we terminate this Agreement under these circumstances, you will lose access to your Account.
7. We and our suppliers shall retain ownership of all intellectual property rights relating to or residing in the GAME. The Game is a "commercial" item. All data stored on our servers are considered property of theCrims.com, and we may alter such data at any time.
8. You may not use our intellectual property rights contained in the Game to create or provide any other means through which the Game may be played by others, as through server emulators or similar. You may not take any action which imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure. You may not access the Game or your Account through other software than standard web or wap browsers. You may not use automated scripts, programs or similar to access your account.
9. To obtain an Account, you will be required to choose an username. While you are encouraged to use a pseudonym, especially if you are a minor, you may not pick a name that violates anyone's trademarks, publicity rights, other proprietary rights, or names that can be found to be insulting. We will determine, in our sole discretion, if a name is unsuitable, and may choose to rename your account to a more suitable name.
10. As part of your Account, you can upload content to our servers in various forms, such as an user provided photo, text in chat areas or user-to-user messaging (collectively, your "Content"). Your Content shall not: (a) infringe any third party intellectual property, other proprietary or publicity/privacy rights; (b) violate any law or regulation; (c) be defamatory, obscene, pornographic or harmful to minors; or (d) contain any computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. We may take any action with respect to your Content if we believe it may create liability for us or may cause us to lose (in whole or in part) the services of our ISPs or other suppliers.
11. WE PROVIDE THE ACCOUNT, THE GAME AND ALL OTHER SERVICES "AS IS." WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Without limiting the foregoing, we do not ensure continuous, error-free or secure operation of the Game or your Account. Some states / countries do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties, so the foregoing disclaimer may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other legal rights which vary from region to region.
12. We are not liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes beyond our reasonable control. Further, we cannot and do not promise or ensure that you will be able to access your Account whenever you want, and there may be extended periods of time when you cannot access your Account.
13. We cannot ensure that your private communications and other personally identifiable information will not be disclosed to third parties. For example, we may be forced to disclose information to the government or third parties under certain circumstances, or third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. Additionally, we can (and you authorize us to) disclose any information about you to private entities, law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to investigate or resolve possible problems or inquiries. You agree that we may communicate with you via email and any similar technology for any purpose relating to the Game and any services or software which may in the future be provided by us or on our behalf.
14. You shall comply with all applicable laws regarding your access to your Account and your playing of the Game.
15. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE, OUR PARENT, OUR AFFILIATES OR OUR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (HOWEVER ARISING, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR ACCOUNT, THE GAME, OR THIS AGREEMENT. Some regions do not allow the foregoing limitations of liability, so they may not apply to you.
16. SMS (Polish players only) - It is not allowed to send SMS from other mobile numbers than your own. The first mobile number used is the one that is allowed to send in SMS. If you break this rule WE WILL CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT and report your account details to operators, if we are asked to.
Parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software, or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors.
About personal data
In this document, we use the term "personal data" to describe information that can directly or indirectly identify you as a physical person. Processing of personal data includes everything that happens with your personal data.
Who is the controller of your personal data?
The Swedish company, Popcode Kommanditbolag, company registration number 969700-5446, Box 1201, 25112 Helsingborg, Sweden, is the controller of the personal data you submit to us and responsible for your personal data under applicable data protection law.
What personal data do we collect and process?
Disclosure of personal data
We will never sell your personal data to third parties.
Protection and storage of personal data
We aim to store all personal data in an as secure way as possible. All communication between our web server and your browser is encrypted to protect the collection of your personal data. Only authorized personnel have access to your personal data.
We and our partners only store the majority your personal data in the USA and within the EU / EEA. In cases where personal data are processed outside the EU / EEA, either a decision by the EU Commission that the country in question ensures an adequate level of protection or appropriate safeguards, in the form of standard contractual clauses, binding company internal rules or Privacy Shield, which ensures that your rights are protected.
As a registered person, you are entitled to request registry extracts to access the personal data that is registered about you. The personal data is provided in the form of a register extract with specification of purpose, categories of personal data, categories of recipients, storage periods, information about where the information has been collected and the existence of automated decision making. Under certain circumstances, you are entitled to obtain this information in a structured format (data portability).
We strive for your personal data to be accurate and up to date. If any required personal data needs to be updated, you are entitled to request a correction. Under certain conditions, you are entitled to request the deletion or restriction of your personal data. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data.
Your personal data will not be processed for direct marketing unless you oppose this. If you previously consented to this, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us.
A cookie is a text file with certain content stored in your browser. Cookies are used to store information and communicate this information between your browser and our web server. This site uses the following types of cookies:
On this site, cookies are used to give you access to features such as login and cart and to facilitate your stay on the page. For this site to work properly, cookies must be enabled. Cookies are also used to identify which ad or search engine the visitor referred from.
If you would like to contact us regarding the processing of your personal data, please contact us by email: [email protected]